“An 18-year-old German-Iranian man who complained he had been bullied killed nine people then himself during a gun rampage through Munich yesterday, with police probing claims he lured some of his young victims to their deaths with a promise of free McDonald’s food.” When they arrived, he screamed “Allahu akbar” and shot them dead to appease his bloodthirsty god. Authorities, as always, continue to search for a motive.
“Did Munich killer Ali Sonboly lure children to their deaths on Facebook? Police probe fake ad for free food at massacre McDonald’s where Iranian, 18, killed first of his nine victims before turning gun on himself,” by Anthony Joseph, Patrick Lion and Alan Hall, Mailonline, July 23, 2016:
An 18-year-old German-Iranian man who complained he had been bullied killed nine people then himself during a gun rampage through Munich yesterday, with police probing claims he lured some of his young victims to their deaths with a promise of free McDonald’s food.
A fake Facebook page reportedly told youngsters to gather in a specific fast food restaurant yesterday afternoon for the special offer. At around 5:50pm, Ali Sonboly burst from the restaurant’s toilets and began ‘killing the children’ with a pistol, witnesses said. He then continued his bloody spree in a local shopping centre and on the streets around Munich’s Olympic quarter.
A number of ‘adolescents’ were among the dead and several ‘children’ were injured, Munich Police President Hubertus Andrae said late last night. Asked whether the Facebook ‘game’ was linked to the attack, he replied it was ‘one part of the comprehensive investigation we are conducting’.
He confirmed the attacker had dual nationality and had lived in Germany for some time – at least two years, possibly much longer. Last night German commandos raided the home the attacker shared with his parents in the suburb of Maxvorstadt. Locals described him as a ‘quiet guy’.
The attack paralysed the southern German city, bringing renewed fears of terrorism to mainland Europe just a week after the Nice atrocity. A total lockdown of the area was only lifted early today when police confirmed the gunman was acting alone and had killed himself in a side street nearby and gave a ‘cautious all-clear’.
The motive for the attack, which was captured in numerous dramatic videos, remained unclear this morning, however police were investigating footage posted online which showed the gunman talking of being ‘bullied for seven years’, raising fears it was a revenge attack on youngsters who had wronged him.
But just a week after another teenager attacker launched an ISIS-inspired axe attack on a German train, witnesses in McDonald’s described hearing yesterday’s attacker shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’, or ‘God is Great’, a cry used by Islamist terrorists during previous attacks. And ISIS supporters took to social media in the hours after yesterday’s atrocity to celebrate the killings.
Three people remain critically ill this morning following the attack, with 16 others receiving medical treatment. In total, 21 people were hurt….
One witness, named only as Loretta, told how she had been in the McDonald’s with her son when the shooting started.
She told CNN: ‘I come out of the toilet and I hear, like an alarm, boom, boom, boom. He’s killing the children. The children were sitting to eat. They can’t run.’
Loretta said she had been in the restrooms at the same time as the shooter, with her eight-year-old son. As he started shooting, he yelled ‘Allahu Akbar’, she said….
Bystanders call him a ‘w*****’ and an ‘a*******’ – one of the most offensive phrases in the German language. They accuse him of being ‘mad’ and a ‘Turk’ before using a derogatory term for ‘foreigner’ towards him.
This sparked the gunman to reply: ‘I am a German.’ The bystander, who became known as ‘balcony man’ online, insisted: ‘You’re a w*****.’…
The gunman claimed to have been born in Munich and brought up in a tough working class area on benefits. He ends the discussion by firing a shot towards those taunting him, sending them diving for cover.
As the first confused reports began to filter out of the area, police believed up to three gunmen were involved and were carrying ‘long rifles’ in an echo of Islamist attacks in Mumbai and Paris.
They lost contact with the gunman despite a patrol exchanging fire with him and he was feared to have fled onto the city’s U-Bahn underground network. Over the following minutes, reports of shootings emerged across Munich – all which proved false alarms….
In a late-night press conference, Munich Police Presidnet Hubertus Andrae admitted his officers were only just beginning to answer the questions thrown up by the attack and couldn’t yet rule out terrorism.
‘The question of terrorism or a rampage is tied to motive, and we don’t know the motive,’ he said, adding the attacker was not previously known to police….