“This is indicative of the whole mess we have got ourselves into. This is not now, and never has been, about justice. This is about money. It is a national embarrassment. This is a disgrace.”
Yes, it is. And it is about more than money. It is about how Britain today is beholden to globalist interests such as the European Court of Human Rights, and about how Islamic supremacist forces skillfully manipulate such entities in attempts to criminalize actions of their enemy during wartime. It is another theater of the same war, but here again, as in so many other areas, only one side is fighting. The other side, in order to avoid accusations of “racism” and the like, actively abets efforts that have the ultimate goal of destroying its own very existence.
Britain is finished.
“Outrage as troops face criminal inquiry over detention of Iraqis accused of murdering British soldiers in war crimes atrocity,” by Robert Mendick, Robert Verkaik, and Ben Farmer, Telegraph, October 15, 2016:
British troops have been placed under criminal investigation over the detention more than 13 years ago of Iraqis suspected of murdering two Army soldiers, The Telegraph can disclose.
The servicemen have been investigated in secret for more than two years over the alleged ill treatment of the two Iraqis accused of carrying out one of the bloodiest and most notorious attacks on British troops during the conflict.
The soldiers face prosecution and, if found guilty, possible jail terms.
Military chiefs have branded the criminal inquiry into the troops an outrage and a betrayal of the armed forces.
They expressed astonishment that the murders of two British soldiers could lead to the convictions of troops who detained the suspects – rather than the suspects themselves.
Staff Sergeant Simon Cullingworth, 36, and Sapper Luke Allsopp, 24, were dragged from their Land Rover in an ambush in March 2003 in Al Zubayr in southern Iraq, taken to a compound and executed in front of a mob. Footage of the soldiers surrounded by the crowd was shown on television.
A Royal Military Police investigation concluded two Iraqis – Faisal al-Saadoon and Khalaf Mufdhi – were involved in ordering and carrying out the murders. The men were handed over to the Iraqi authorities and charged with war crimes although those charges were later dropped due to insufficient evidence. The Ministry of Defence said at the time it did not mean the Iraqis had been found innocent.
But now in a new twist, The Telegraph can disclose the two men have lodged separate criminal complaints with the Iraq Historic Allegations Team (Ihat), the controversial unit set up by the UK Government to examine alleged abuses committed by British troops.
The Iraqi suspects, having been granted taxpayer-funded legal aid, have accused British troops of mistreating them during their detention. Ihat confirmed it is investigating their complaint.
The men, who insist they were innocent teachers, have already successfully sued the Ministry of Defence for breaching their human rights.
Al-Saadoon and Mufdhi were awarded £35,000 in legal costs by the European Court of Human Rights, amid reports of a further £75,000 each in damages, for “their mental suffering” over the threat of facing the death penalty in Iraq.
The case has sparked renewed calls for an end to almost 1,500 criminal inquiries into British troops being conducted by Ihat.
Lord Dannatt, the former head of the Army, said: “This case must be dropped. It is outrageous that the allegations are still being looked at 13 years later. An investigation of this nature into ill treatment is far too late after the events.”
Retired Colonel Tim Collins, who led troops in Iraq, said: “This is indicative of the whole mess we have got ourselves into. This is not now, and never has been, about justice. This is about money. It is a national embarrassment. This is a disgrace.”
Johnny Mercer, a Conservative MP chairing an inquiry into Ihat’s workings, said: “This case yet again highlights our betrayal of British soldiers.”…