“Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani has ordered the head of the country’s Atomic Energy Organisation to start planning the development of nuclear-powered ships in reaction to what he called the United States’ violation of their nuclear deal.” Meanwhile, Iran’s vice president and the head of its nuclear program, Fereydoon Abbasi-Davani, has finally admitted:
Sometimes we pretended to be weaker than we really were, and sometimes we showed strength that was not really in our hands.
When Barack Obama was scorched with criticism over his bad decision to enter into the nuclear agreement with the rogue state of Iran, he defended himself by referencing the deal as a “powerful display of American leadership and diplomacy,” and somehow believed that prostrating himself before this international bully would be a smart way to avoid a “Middle East war.” He wanted the people of America to believe that a gentleman’s handshake with Iranian crooks would be legitimate.
Then the stench of Obama’s bad deal began to leak out, as more information about it surfaced. According to testimony provided before Congress about the Iran nuclear deal, Iran may have received up to $33.6 billion in secret payments facilitated by the Obama administration. According to Mark Dubowitz, executive director at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, at least $11.9 billion was paid out to Iran, but the regime may have received as much as $33.6 billion in cash or in gold and other precious metals.
Now, on top of reckless abuse of taxpayer dollars, with the Obama Administration even accused of laundering “U.S. Cash to Iran Via N.Y. Fed, Euro Banks,” America is now also facing a grave threat that Obama has enabled and fueled. Iran is not happy with being challenged by an incoming President who refuses to facilitate its rising power as a global menace and funder of jihad terrorism.
“Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani orders nuclear-fuelled warships as he accuses US of ‘violating’ deal”, by Harriet Agerholm, UK Independent, December 13, 2016:
Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani has ordered the head of the country’s Atomic Energy Organisation to start planning the development of nuclear-powered ships in reaction to what he called the United States’ violation of their nuclear deal.
Earlier in December the US Senate voted to extend the Iran Sanctions Act by 10 years, a decision that was criticised by the Iranian foreign minister at the time who said it showed the US government had “a lack of credibility”.
In a letter read out on Tuesday on state television, Mr Rouhani condemned the move as a breach of the 2015 nuclear accord and told the nation’s scientists to begin “planning the design and production of fuel and nuclear power plants for maritime transport”.
The leader also said he had ordered the foreign minister to mount a legal challenge against the US.
The 2015 nuclear accord between Iran and six world powers lifted a variety of sanctions against the nation in exchange for restrictions on the Iranian nuclear programme.
Yet the US keeps its own set of trade restrictions against the country – separate from the agreement – which were set to expire at the end of the year.
Politicians in the Senate said the sanctions were extended not only because of nuclear issues, but also over concerns about ballistic missile-testing and human rights in the country.
President Barack Obama is expected to sign the extension into law in the coming days.