Why has he gone missing? Did he have some involvement in the jihad attack after all, or in some other jihad or otherwise criminal activity? Do German authorities have even the remotest handle on this situation?
“Released Pakistani goes missing in Germany,” by Behram Baloch, Dawn, December 22, 2016:
GWADAR: Naveed Baloch — the Pakistani asylum seeker who was detained in Berlin for his suspected involvement in a deadly assault in which 12 people died early this week, and who was said to have been released late on Tuesday for lack of evidence against him — has neither contacted his family nor reached the refugee shelter in the German capital where he was living.
Naveed’s father Hassan Baloch told Dawn on Wednesday that his son had gone missing.
He said he had not been contacted by Naveed even though media reports said his son had been set free by the Berlin police on Tuesday night.
When contacted, a Baloch activist in Berlin, Wajid Baloch, confirmed that Naveed had yet to reach the refugee shelter where he was living prior to his detention.
His mobile phone had been switched off, Wajid said.
He said he was in contact with the head of the refugee shelter.
Hassan said his son used to work on a daily wage basis in the local fishing industry. “Out of frustration and fed up with unemployment, my son went to Germany 17 months ago,” he said.
Hassan lives in Kech district of Balochistan.
German police launched a manhunt on Wednesday for a rejected asylum seeker suspected of involvement in the deadly truck assault claimed by the militant Islamic State (IS) group, AFP reported from Berlin.
Officials said that asylum office papers believed to belong to the Tunisian man with alleged links to the radical Islamists were found in the cab of the 40-tonne lorry used in the attack that killed 12 people.
“There is a new suspect we are searching for — he is a suspect but not necessarily the assailant,” Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere told reporters, saying a Europe-wide search was under way. He declined to give further details.
But his regional counterpart in North Rhine-Westphalia state, Ralf Jaeger, said the man identified as Anis A. or Ahmed A. by media had already been under investigation for planning an attack.
Counterterrorism officials had exchanged information about him, most recently in November, and a probe had been launched suspecting he was preparing “a serious act of violence against the state”, Jaeger said….