Nigerian authorities are denying that this was a jihad attack: “Speaking on the attack, the Commissioner of Police in the state, Garba Umar, said…though no arrest had been made but that the police already learnt that the attack followed a quarrel between two natives of Ozubulu residing overseas….Mr. Umar described any insinuation that the attack was carried out by Boko Haram elements as false and urged the people to go about their normal businesses.”
However, Act for Biafra, a Biafran independence group, maintains that this was indeed a jihad attack against Christians:
If Act for Biafra is correct, this is nothing that a little “dialogue” won’t fix, eh, Pope Francis? I trust you are on your way to Ozubulu right now to explain to the local Muslims that true Islam and the proper understanding of the Qur’an reject every form of violence.
“Scores killed as gunmen attack worshipers in Anambra church [VIDEO],” by Emmanuel Uzodinma, Daily Post, August 6, 2017:
There is tension in Anambra State following reported death of over 50 worshipers as gunmen launched early morning attack during a Sunday service.
The attack occurred at St. Philip’s Catholic Church, Ugwu Oye in Ozubulu, Anambra State.
News of the reported attack, which is being shared in various platforms read:
“Black Sunday!! Many feared killed at an Early morning Catholic mass shooting by Unknown Gun men who stormed a church at Ozubulu in Ekwusigo LGA of Anambra State .
Over 20 deaths recorded already according report .
While I sympathize with all the affected families , I wish to submit that this is a time for we to unite against any form of barbarism against our people !
This is not a time for blame games ,but a time for great people created by great God to stand up and secure our people .
Security agency must do everything to arrest the perpetuators of Ozubulu Massacre for them to face the law .
No excuse should make anyone to move into a Church of God and start shooting innocent worshipers !
Our generation must not be intimidated by the agents of darkness !!!
Information is still sketchy on the attack as of the time of filling this report.
Latest information indicated that the gunmen were hunting for a drug baron, traced him to his house but were told he had gone to church.
DAILY POST gathered that on getting to the church, he had left and out of anger, probably, they rained bullets on worshippers in the church.
“About 47 persons were reported killed and many wounded”, another source hinted….