Yet another fake hate crime, and yet another that made international headlines, while it is virtually certain that the news that it was yet another hoax will hardly be reported anywhere. Genuine “anti-Muslim hate crimes” are thin on the ground, contrary to the ubiquitous propaganda about Muslims in the West facing widespread persecution, discrimination, and harassment. But Muslim groups are trying to use these hate crimes to impose criminal penalties on criticism of Islam, as in Canada with Motion M-103, and so when they don’t exist they have to be invented. There are, indeed, so many “anti-Muslim hate crimes” that turn out to have been faked by Muslims themselves that it calls into question whether any of these incidents ever really happen at all. It is a peculiarity of our peculiar age that victimhood would be a prized and coveted status, such that people would fabricate incidents in which they were treated cruelly or brutally, but this is the world we live in.
In this case, Khawlah Noman is only eleven years old. So the question arises: did she fake this incident in order to get out of a dangerous situation with her parents, like Yasmin Seweid, or was she put up to this by some unscrupulous victimhood-monger in the Muslim establishment in Canada? There should be an investigation. But there will not be.
“Alleged attack on hijab-wearing girl didn’t happen: Police,” by Joshua Freeman, CP24.com, January 15, 2018 (thanks to Watcher):
After investigating an incident where an 11-year-old girl alleged a man cut off her hijab on her way to school last week, police now say the event does not appear to have happened.
On Jan. 12, the girl told police that she was on her way to Pauline Johnson Public School in Scarborough when a man dressed in black came up behind her. She said the man pulled off the hood to her jacket and cut off her hijab with a pair of scissors before fleeing the area.
Toronto police responded and said they were investigating the alleged incident as a hate crime.
However police said Monday morning that after a thorough investigation, they don’t believe the incident happened.
“After a detailed investigation, police have determined that the events described in the original news release did not happen,” police said in a statement.
Police spokesman Mark Pugash declined to call the incident a hoax, but said police now consider the investigation closed.
“We are very thankful that this assault did not in fact happen. We won’t be commenting further,” the Toronto District School Board said in a short statement.