It is good that French authorities dared to close the mosques. This indicates that, whatever blather their leaders might offer to the public, they really do know that jihad terror has something to do with Islam, and aren’t afraid to acknowledge the presence of jihadist sentiments in mosques. Few other countries in the West have so far shown such courage. But when Collomb says that the threat will continue for several more years, he is whistling in the dark. What does he think will happen in a few years? Does he think that in a few years, Muslims in France will be comfortably assimilated and will have forgotten all about the jihad imperative in the Qur’an and Sunnah? If so, he is encased in a fantasy world.
“2 attacks thwarted & 3 mosques closed in terrorism crackdown – French interior minister,” RT, February 25, 2018:
The French interior minister has revealed that authorities have thwarted two planned terrorist attacks since the start of the year. Several mosques have been also shut down over preaching radical ideas, according to the official.
The foiled assaults were aimed at the military and sports facilities, Gerard Collomb said in an interview with Europe 1 radio on Sunday.
The suspect plotting to attack sports facilities was a convert who wanted to make his way to Syria, Le Parisien and AFP reported citing inside sources. In the second case, the 33-year-old suspect from Nimes was planning to attack soldiers taking part in Operation Sentinelle, a military operation launched in January 2015 to guard sensitive targets from terrorist attacks. According to the General Directorate for Internal Security (DGSI), the man pledged allegiance to Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS) in a video, while explosive materials were also found in his home.
Collomb added that although the suspects behind both plots are now in custody, the terrorist threat still exists and will continue for several more years….