To propose that the solution to Muslim killings of non-combatant civilians rests with Muslim leaders declaring anyone who does such a thing will go to hell is a product of a delusional mind or the fantasy of an ignorant naive dreamer who is unfamiliar with the fundamental bases of Islamic violence. Here are a few fatal flaws in such a pontification.
* Muhammad is long dead. There is no one person, a pope-like figure, in Islam, and has never been one from the minute Muhammad died. Immediately after Muhammad died, Islam became Islams. It kept dissolving into factions and continues to do so to this day. It is not dissimilar to the death of the founder of a violent gang, that spawns a whole bunch of contenders for the position, inevitably leading to infighting among the late gang leader’s top lieutenants.
* Any Islamic leader worth his salt would neither dare nor want to issue such a fatwa. It would be like asking a slaveholder who is leading a charmed life at the expense of slaves to free the slaves and start working the cotton fields to earn his bread.
* Furthermore, even if this leader who has bought into the system and has reaped the immensely-valued benefits of his position were to in fact give it all up and come up with this fatwa, he would be immediately defrocked, if not lynched, by his own followers as a heretic who had betrayed the explicit teachings of the holy Quran, which repeatedly urges the faithful to wage war against all kefir, civilians or not.
* Islam is tantamount to violence. Violence is the lifeblood of Islam, and it has been ever since the time of Muhammad in Medina, as is shown by Muhammad’s own example and conduct.
* Without violence of all types, Islam will undergo a slow death. Violence is in the fabric of this cult. Take away violence and you shut down the blood supply from the body of Islams. Islam is violent not only against non-Muslims; it is violent against its own numerous sects and offshoots. Even within every sect and offshoot violence, violence is practiced in the most savage ways. Public lashing. Cutting of hands for stealing even a morsel of bread. Blinding convicts or hanging them. Stoning so-called adulteresses. Castrating sexual offenders and hanging homosexuals.
The final outcome of a cult born of violence seems to be death by violence — something like what is going on daily in Iraq and Syria, and to some extent in other Muslim lands. Non-Islamic lands will do well to keep this cult of violence out of their countries and let them practice their systemic violence among their contending sects in their own lands.
Muslim leaders advance to their positions of leadership in Islam’s numerous subsidiaries by cleverly and ruthlessly navigating their way through the hierarchical labyrinth of cutthroat competition. Kissing up and demonstrations of unconditional loyalty to the higher-ups, as well as undeviating total devotion to the charter of the corporation as defined and promoted by the particular subsidiary, while vigilantly exploiting any opportunity for climbing up the next rung of the leadership ladder, are prime requirements of staying in the game.
The individuals who attain high leadership position in Islam have invested their all with great acumen and gone through a tortuous ringer for years in order to attain their positions. The profession of clergy attracts a select segment of men: men who have already significantly bought into the Islamic charter and its methods. As these men undergo formal indoctrination, a culling process takes place. Hundreds of thousands of these men, for a variety of reasons, do not advance very far. The great majority languish in lower ranks for the rest of their life. They are the drones, so to speak. They loyally keep working the rank-and-file Muslim believers at villages and towns, making them toe the line and pay their tributes and cash to their parasitic handlers, who continue their highly successful smoke and mirror charade. A significant number may abandon their ordination altogether, for a variety of reasons, and begin earning their living like the rest of the people.
Another not unimportant complicating factor is that the Islamic leaders actually believe the entire Islamic package, as absurd as much of it may seem to non-Muslims. It is in human nature to start believing even the most absurd after having it preached to you by higher authorities — you yourself will begin to parrot it all repeatedly to others. Millions of Shiites, for example, make a pilgrimage to a well near the city of Qum in Iran in order to pay homage and tribute to the Shiites’ 12th imam, who is claimed to have been hiding there for over a thousand years. No one forces these millions to believe this patently absurd contention, which is successfully hammered in their minds by the purveyors of Islamic fraud — the high divines.
It is also wishful thinking and outright naïveté to believe that Islam is reformable. Islam is interested in reform only in reforming the rest of humanity to its charter of primitive savagery. Realism, not pipe dreams, is needed in the Herculean effort to resist the spread of the oppression of Islam to free nations. This expansionist and authoritarian ideology will not stop expanding on its own. It is determined to conquer the entire world and control each and every human being.
No, Islam has never been a religion of peace. What we need to do is demand that politicians, Islamic apologists, and paid-for media do not abuse freedom by lying about Islam. When these people portray Islam as a religion of peace, they are lying through their teeth. Just take a quick look at Islam’s history, as well as what is happening today in the Islamic lands. Islam is not a religion of peace and it has never been. Islam is violent, oppressive, racist, and irrational at its very core. It is treachery for people to present it as otherwise, either out of ignorance or for their own personal reasons.
Yes, “the religion of peace” is in fact the religion of blood.
Amil Imani is an ex-Muslim from Iran.