During his remarks at the opening of the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem yesterday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said: “Dear friends, what a glorious day. Remember this moment. This is history. President Trump, by recognizing history, you have made history. All of us are deeply moved, all of us are deeply grateful.”
By recognizing history, you have made history. Yes. Recognizing history is a difficult but essential thing to do. In America today, making people forget is a big business. Schoolchildren today are not taught to recognize history; in fact, they’re taught just the opposite. They don’t learn that Jerusalem is the historic city of the Jews, or that Israel is the Jewish homeland. They don’t learn that the Islamic jihad against the Jews has been going on since long before the modern State of Israel was founded, and indeed, for 1,400 years. Instead, they learn fictions about a fictional nationality, the “Palestinians.” They learn that Islam is peace, that Islam has been a beacon of light and tolerance throughout the world, and that Jews flourished under Islamic rule in a way they never did in Christian lands.
These are lies. Yet they are universally told, and it those who are telling them have a vested interested in making sure that you do not remember or recognize history. To counter them, I wrote The History of Jihad From Muhammad to ISIS.
This is the first and only book in the English language to provide a comprehensive history of the jihad not just against Europe, but worldwide, including India; it is also the first that I know of to situate the founding of the State of Israel and the Israeli/Palestinian conflict within the larger history of the global jihad.
To avoid the biases of contemporary historians and their failure or refusal to recognize history, I relied almost exclusively upon, and quote extensively from, historians and chroniclers who were eyewitnesses of the events described, or who are writing about them shortly thereafter. In The History of Jihad From Muhammad to ISIS, you’ll discover:
- When Muhammad, the prophet of Islam, uttered the fateful words, “Kill any Jew that falls into your power”;
- The ancient Muslim massacre of the Jews that the Gaza protesters have invoked this week as they threaten a new genocide of the Jews;
- The “rightly-guided caliph” who vowed that no Jew would be allowed to live in Jerusalem;
- The Berber queen who defeated the Muslims in North Africa, and whom they so hated and feared that some insisted she must be Jewish;
- The Muslim leader who commanded that the Jews must wear on their shoulders a patch bearing the image of an ape;
- “Do not consider it a breach of faith to kill them”: the Muslim poet who initiated a wholesale massacre of Jews in “tolerant” Muslim Spain;
- The renowned Jewish leader who said of Muslim Spain after he escaped it: “No nation has ever done more harm to Israel”;
- The Muslim leader who forbade Jews even to wear shoes;
- Why the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is not really a dispute over land, and will never be solved by negotiations;
- Much, much more.
Preorder your copy of The History of Jihad From Muhammad to ISIS here.